On December 11–12, 2019 the U.S. Department of Energy’s Bioenergy Technologies Office hosted a workshop titled, "Plastics for a Circular Economy" to discuss technology solutions for addressing plastic waste.
The workshop focused on potential solutions including designing new plastics and developing new strategies for recycling and degradation and will include discussions on end-of-life options for existing and next-generation plastics in the context of current and novel recycling strategies.
The objective of this workshop was to identify early-stage applied research problems in this area that need to be addressed in the near-term and long-term. Attendees included:
- Representatives from waste management facilities
- Circular economy experts
- Commercial plastics producers
- Bio-based plastics innovators.
Agenda and Speaker Bios
Please find the workshop agenda here and the speaker bios here.
To view presentations from the workshop, visit the workshop presentations web page.
Workshop Summary Report
Download the workshop summary report.
Please direct any questions about this workshop to:
- Andrea Bailey (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Nichole Fitzgerald (email@example.com)
- Jay Fitzgerald (firstname.lastname@example.org)