EUREKA! As teachers, we know that one of the best ways for students to learn is to discover it themselves. ORISE wants to see how you incorporate inquiry based learning in your math or science classroom! Submit an original, math or science, inquiry based learning lesson plan for a chance to win. THREE teachers will receive a mini-grant for up to $1,500 to help buy equipment for their classroom!
- 1st Place: $1,500 mini-grant for classroom equipment!
- 2nd Place: $1,000 mini-grant for classroom equipment!
- 3rd Place: $500 mini-grant for classroom equipment!
- Interested educators are invited to submit an original lesson plan to https://orausurvey.orau.org/n/EurekaCompetition.aspx by 11:59 p.m. EST on Monday, September 30, 2019.
- To avoid plagiarism, please a submit lesson plan that you have written. We understand that many activities are developed by other teachers; just make sure that you put your own spin on the activity.
- Lesson plan may focus on any math or science topic, as long as it is inquiry based!
- Lesson plans should include the following:
- lesson title
- teacher name and school
- target grade level
- time required for lesson
- materials required
- instructional steps for introduction, activities, and closure
- assessment strategies
- differentiation strategies
- Lesson plans will be scored using a rubric, and winners will be announced mid-October!
- Mini-grant money can be spent on any materials for the classroom, excluding furniture (seating, desks, rugs, etc.).
- Teachers must teach in the United States, a U.S. Territory, or a DoDEA school to be eligible to win.
- Teachers are eligible to win two ORISE competitions in a 12-month period.
Note: Lesson plans submitted for the competition may be shared with other educators via the ORISE website. Plans are subject to revision and edits by ORISE staff before they are shared, so please submit in an editable format (Not PDF).
To view the current ORISE lesson plan library, visit https://orise.orau.gov/stem/k-12/curriculum-for-the-classroom.html.