The National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) and the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Technology Transitions (OTT), in partnership with FedTech, are excited to present the DOE Emerging Tech Studio. Participants learn how to launch a technology-focused venture by leveraging DOE’s extensive portfolio of intellectual property across the national laboratory network.
As energy dependency becomes one of the most significant threats we face, NNSA and DOE continue to serve as catalysts for innovation, investing millions of dollars into national laboratories. Throughout the program, teams of highly talented entrepreneurs are paired with technologies on the forefront of innovation with the objective of creating market-defining startups.
The program culminates with the Venture Summit, an opportunity for startup teams to pitch in front of a panel of experts on topics ranging from supercomputers to inform efficiency improvements at transportation hubs to faster breast cancer detection.
Call to Entrepreneurs
If you are passionate about entrepreneurship, innovation, and deep technology, you’re encouraged to explore the possibilities of launching your own tech-focused venture.
- We place value in diverse experiences, and as a result our program is background-agnostic and accepts applicants from a wide range of past experiences
- While entrepreneurs are expected to commit 20 hours per week to the pursuit of their ventures, the program is designed to be as accommodating as possible to schedules and other full time commitments
- The studio will always remain non-dilutive and founders will retain 100% ownership of any entities formed out of the program.
The 2023 cohort will be broken into two phases. Phase I endeavors to validate the problem-solution fit. Teams will delve into possible use cases and generate a market assessment through stakeholder interviews. In Phase II, team will actually form a company and begin the process of establishing a formal relationship through licensing agreements.
- Deadline to Apply: March 16, 2023
- Cohort Selection Announcement: April 1, 2023
- Phase I: April-May, 2023
- Phase II: June-July, 2023
- Venture Summit: August, 2023
FedTech is a venture firm at the intersection of entrepreneurship, breakthrough technologies, and mission-driven organizations. Its commitment to unlock the benefits of technology for all is possible with deep relationships and collaboration that spans across the U.S. Department of Defense, National Aeronautics and Space Administration, National Institute of Standards and Technology, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, federal labs, research institutions, and corporations.
Please reach out with questions by emailing the FedTech team at firstname.lastname@example.org.