The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), enacted in 1966 (5 U.S.C. § 552; implemented by DOE regulations at 10 C.F.R. §1004), allows individuals to obtain documents in the possession and control of agencies within the Executive Branch of the Federal Government.
FOIA requests require Southwestern to conduct a search of existing documents to determine whether any are responsive to the request. Southwestern is not required to create a document in order to respond to a FOIA request or to answer questions posed under FOIA requests.
FOIA Request Guidelines
- Requests must be in writing
- Requests must be identified as a "Freedom of Information Act Request"
- Requests must contain a reasonable description of the document(s) sought
- Requests must include an assurance to pay search and/or duplication fees
- Requests must include the search term "SWPA" in the Description field
As much information as possible should be provided about the documents sought. Southwestern’s FOIA Officer will contact you to narrow the scope of your request if it is considered too vague or burdensome to process. Generally, any FOIA request that meets the basic requirements will be responded to within 20 working days. To submit a FOIA request, please fill out the FOIA Request Form (include the term "SWPA" in the form).
SWPA FOIA Officer
SWPA FOIA Public Liaison
SWPA Privacy Act Officer
Southwestern Power Administration
One West Third Street, Suite 1500
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74103
Email Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org