You are here
PPPO’s Quality Assurance (QA) program effectively and efficiently implements DOE Environmental Management (EM) QA and oversight policies/requirements across the PPPO organization and among its contractors. The EM QA program describes the methods by which QA is implemented into the Integrated Safety Management System (ISMS), Contractor Assurance System (CAS), and the overall work processes conducted on EM’s projects. PPPO uses approved QA procedures, plans, and work instructions to ensure quality with specific guidance and effective evaluation and oversight of contractors.
- Ensure DOE’s, and particularly EM’s, interpretation of Quality Assurance standards are being consistently applied so that all PPPO projects and activities are completed safely and correctly.
- Ensure PPPO site contractor systems meet and adhere to DOE quality requirements including such areas as QA, Quality Control (QC), CAS, Issues Management, and ISMS.
- Coordinate and/or conduct independent site assessments and surveillances of contractors as required in each site’s Annual Assessment and Surveillance Plan.
- Develop QA and oversight related expectations and performance objectives and measures for the PPPO and its site contractors.
- Encourage and facilitate proactive quality measures, promote quality communication, and drive continuous improvement among PPPO and its contractors.
- Generate quarterly the Occurrence Reporting and Processing System (ORPS) Report to EM Headquarters detailing site contractor unplanned or abnormal events or conditions that cause or have the potential to adversely affect the health and safety of workers, the public, or the environment as required in DOE Order 232.2 Admin Chg 1 Occurrence Reporting and Processing of Operations Information.