• The U.S. Small Business Administration’s Learning Center is a small business development resource for starting or growing a new business.
• GSA Training videos provide an overview of how to do business with the General Services Administration.
• This short YouTube video provides an overview of Category Management, the new acquisition approach for the Federal Government.
• The Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE) provides training from industry leaders and mentors on a variety of business development topics.
• Visit the DOE OSDBU Calendar of Events to identify upcoming DOE outreach opportunities.
• Visit the OSDBU Council’s website and click on “Calendar” to view other Federal agencies’ small business outreach events.
• The SBA network of Small Business Development Centers is at https://www.sba.gov/tools/local-assistance/sbdc
• Visit the Association of Procurement Technical Assistance Centers for government-wide small business training.
• Subscribe to OSDBU News to receive important small business-related information via email
• Follow the Department of Energy on Twitter to stay up-to-date on Agency news
Policy and Regulations
• The Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) governs the usage of appropriated funds to acquire goods and services
• The Department of Energy Acquisition Guide provides procurement direction specific to DOE, as a supplement to the FAR.
• The Small Business Act established the Small Business Administration and the Federal OSDBU offices, identifying their roles in advocating for small businesses.
• DOE OSDBU’s Undue Restriction portal provides small businesses the ability to report perceived contracting barriers.
• The Small Business Regulatory Enforcement Fairness Act of 1996 (SBREFA) requires Federal agencies to provide information concerning rules and regulations.
• Executive Order 13360 recognizes the sacrifices made by service-disabled veterans, and directs Federal agencies to provide contracting opportunities to service-disabled veteran-owned small businesses.
Frequently Asked Questions
Small Business Advocacy Groups include:
• View the DOE Glossary for additional Agency-related phrases and acronyms.