Sustainability is crucial to increasing the efficiency of the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) facilities and infrastructure, enhancing livability for the scientists and employees at the sites, improving performance for the taxpayer, and supporting the communities in which we live and work.
OUR VISION: Federal Leadership in Sustainability and Resilience by DOE
OUR MISSION: To proactively lead DOE's sustainability efforts, collaborate with DOE programs and promote the cost-effective use of resources while monitoring the effectiveness of sustainability programs and initiatives.
Quick Links and Resources
Subscribe to Spotlight Newsletter
- Federal Environmental Symposium Training
- This webinar on May 12-13, 2021 from 12:00-5:30 p.m. EST will feature several presentations from federal government sustainability professionals. Join us as we expand upon topics covered in the last Symposium including, but not limited to, climate resiliency, electric vehicle infrastructure, renewable energy, sustainable purchasing and more!
- Environmental Management Systems
- This webinar on July 28, 2021 from 12:30-4 p.m. EST will feature several presentations offered during the last Symposium to review of the EMS process; specific EMS elements and Significant Aspects connected to the mission.
- Energy Exchange 2021
- This year’s Energy Exchange conference will be virtual and will connect you to the present and the future of efficient, resilient, secure, and sustainable energy & water solutions. Register to attend the conference from August 2-6, 2021.
- Browse free sustainability training opportunities from FEMP, sustainable procurement training from GEC, and BioPreferred training from USDA.
- Visit the Whole Buildings Design Guide for pre-recorded webinars on a wide variety of topics from renewable energy, fleet management, commissioning, water systems and much more!