The Chief FOIA Officer submits a report to the Department of Justice (DOJ) containing a detailed description of the steps taken by the Department of Energy to improve FOIA compliance and transparency. These reports contain details of FOIA administration at DOE, as well as the steps taken to implement DOJ FOIA Guidelines during each reporting year.
The reports listed here cover the following areas:
- Steps Taken to Apply the Presumption of Openness
- Steps Taken to Ensure that Your Agency has an Effective System for Responding to Requests
- Steps Taken to Increase Proactive Disclosures
- Steps Taken to Greater Utilize Technology
- Steps Taken to Reduce Backlogs and Improve Timeliness in Responding to Requests
For more information please contact Alexander C. Morris, (202) 586-3159.
FOIA Reading Room - Links to publications and governmental websites.
Submit a FOIA Request - How to submit a FOIA request to DOE.
FOIA Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - Information needed to make a FOIA request.
FOIA Contacts - FOIA Requester Service Centers, Public Liaisons, and Officers.