LPO currently has more than $40 billion in available loans and loan guarantees in the following areas:
- Loan Guarantees for Innovative Energy Projects, including Advanced Fossil, Advanced Nuclear, and Renewable Energy & Efficient Energy
- Loans for Vehicle & Vehicle Component Manufacturing Projects
- Partial Loan Guarantees for Tribal Energy Projects
INNOVATIVE ENERGY PROJECTS
The Title 17 Innovative Energy Loan Guarantee Program offers loan guarantees to accelerate the commercial deployment of innovative energy technology. Eligible projects for the Title 17 program must:
- Utilize a new or significantly improved technology;
- Avoid, reduce or sequester greenhouse gases;
- Be located in the United States; and,
- Have a reasonable prospect of repayment.
The ATVM loan program provides direct loans to automotive or component manufacturers for reequipping, expanding, or establishing manufacturing facilities in the U.S. that produce fuel-efficient advanced technology vehicles or qualifying components, or for engineering integration performed in the U.S. for advanced technology vehicles or qualifying components.
TRIBAL ENERGY PROJECTS
The Tribal Energy Loan Guarantee Program (TELGP) can guarantee up to 90 percent of the unpaid principal and interest due on any loan made to a federally recognized Indian tribe or Alaska Native Corporation for energy development.
PARTIAL LOAN GUARANTEES
HOW TO BEGIN
Potential applicants are encouraged to contact LPO for a no-fee, no-commitment, pre-application consultation prior to submitting a formal application. Pre-application consultations allow potential applicants to begin a dialogue directly with LPO staff to help LPO learn more about the project and to help ensure that applicants fully understand DOE's requirements and processes. Request a pre-application consultation by emailing email@example.com.