New U.S. battery manufacturing and supply chain investments announced under President Biden:
- Over $120 billion announced so far
- Over 200 new or expanded minerals, materials processing and manufacturing facilities
- Over 80,000 potential new jobs
- Announced battery cell factories could supply 10 million new electric vehicles each year
New U.S. electric vehicle component and assembly plant investments announced under President Biden:
- Over $35 billion announced so far
- Over 140 new or expanded sites for EV assembly and EV component or charger manufacturing
- Over 50,000 potential new jobs
- Companies have announced U.S.-made planned production of over 1,000,000 charging stations each year, including 60,000 fast chargers
New U.S. heat pumps and clean HVAC manufacturing announcements under President Biden:
- Over $550 million announced so far
- Nearly 1,800 potential new jobs
- 20 new or upgraded facilities for manufacturing different heat pump technologies and key components, such as compressors and low global warming potential (GWP) refrigerants
- Based on current HVAC market and technology trends, announced investments in new and expanded production facilities could supply over 300,000 heat pumps each year.
New announcements of electrolyzers and fuel cell manufacturing facilities under President Biden:
- Over $1.8 billion announced so far
- Over 4,000 potential new jobs
- Announced investments in over 10 new or expanded facilities
- Domestic manufacturing capacity for ~10 GW of electrolyzers per year and ~1 GW of stationary fuel cells per year – ten times more than the current installed capacity of electrolyzers in the U.S. and almost double the current installed capacity of stationary fuel cells.
New U.S. nuclear manufacturing announcements under President Biden:
- Up to $8 billion of announced investments so far
- Over 1,600 potential new jobs
- Investments in 16 facilities across 10 states
- Over two-thirds of the announcements are to expand domestic facilities related to nuclear fuel fabrication, which will benefit existing reactors and help develop a secure supply chain for advanced reactors planned for deployment in the U.S. and around the world.
New U.S. offshore wind manufacturing facility, port, and investments announced under President Biden:
- Nearly $3.5 billion announced in port manufacturing and port investments so far
- Investments in 15 manufacturing facilities (7 states), 13 ports (8 states), and one substation
- 20 new vessels being built in 8 different states
- Thousands of potential new jobs
New U.S. solar manufacturing announcements under President Biden:
- Over $16 billion in planned investments announced so far
- 102 new and expanded manufacturing plants announced
- Companies have announced enough solar panel manufacturing capacity to power 18 million additional homes each year
- Over 30,000 potential new jobs
Investment Announced Under Biden Administration
Based on publicly available information. Many facilities are conditional on financing, funding, site control, and other factors.
Read more about our methodology for each technology.
Last Updated 1-11-24
Clean Energy Investment News
The latest DOE announcements on the Inflation Reduction Act and Bipartisan Infrastructure Law.