As part of the Building, a Better Grid Initiative, the Department of Energy's (DOE's) Office of Electricity is leading a National Transmission Planning Study to identify transmission that will provide broad-scale, long-term benefits to electric customers, inform regional and interregional transmission planning processes, and identify interregional and national strategies to accelerate decarbonization while maintaining system reliability.
During this webinar, DOE leadership and industry leaders will discuss why this study is needed. The webinar will also provide a study overview and the opportunity for participants to provide input and ask questions.
- U.S. Secretary of Energy Jennifer M. Granholm
- Acting Assistant Secretary of DOE's Office of Electricity Patricia A. Hoffman
- Brett Carter, Executive Vice President, Xcel Energy
- Debra Lew, Ph.D., Associate Director of Energy Systems Integration Group
- Lauren Azar, Azar Consulting, LLC
- Johannes Pfiefenberger, Principal, Brattle
Comments to the study can be submitted to Comments on National Transmission Planning Study. And for more on the study, see National Transmission Planning Study | Department of Energy.