(Direct Report to the Director, Office of Environment, Health, Safety and Security)
The Office of Insider Threat is the focal point, on behalf of the Department’s Designated Senior Official for Insider Threat, for governance and oversight of the enterprise-wide Insider Threat Program to effectively deter, detect, and mitigate undesirable insider actions, either wittingly or unwittingly, by those granted authorized access. This office also coordinates the Department’s Threat Working Group.
- Serve as Executive Secretary of the Department’s Insider Threat Program Executive Steering Committee (ESC).
- Provide overall management, guidance, and oversight of the Department’s Insider Threat Program (ITP) as outlined in DOE O 470.5, Insider Threat Program.
- Administer ITP policies, procedures, data records management, budget and contracts, legal review requests and other administrative management functions.
- Communicate with internal Departmental programs and staff offices.
- Provide support to the ESC and the Insider Threat Program Working Group (ITPWG).
- Coordinate the development of the ITP annual report to the Secretary.
- Communicate with external entities, to include responding to national level program requests for information and coordinating with national level entities and working groups such as the National Insider Threat Task Force.
- Provide subject matter and inquiry/investigative support to Local Insider Threat Working Groups (LITWG) and other Departmental offices.
- Provide program oversight of assessments, audits, inspections and evaluations to the ITP.
- Foster the development of education and awareness material for the ITP.