(Direct Report to the Deputy Director for Business Operations)
The Office of Headquarters Security Vetting oversees and manages both the Credentialing and Personnel Security elements responsible for, through national security mandates, as well as Federal and Departmental polices, the implementation of the Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12 (HSPD-12), and the access authorization (security clearance) functions for DOE Headquarters.
- Oversees the Office of Headquarters Credentialing Operations that manages the Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process for Headquarters, as required by Homeland Security Presidential Directive-12 (HSPD-12).
- Oversees the Office of Headquarters Personnel Security Operations that manages and implements access authorization (security clearance) functions for DOE Headquarters. This includes:
- Processing reciprocal security clearances for Other Government Agency (OGA) employees who require access to Restricted Data, including members of Congress and their staff.
- Being the chief organization responsible for managing the Classified Visit program at Headquarters facilities; and,
- Managing the administrative review process under Title 10, Code of Federal Regulations, Part 710, for Headquarters personnel. Oversees the management and ensures the implementation of Trusted Workforce 2.0 requirements at Headquarters, as it relates to both the cleared and uncleared populations.