These resources provide more information about hydropower and marine hydrokinetic technologies, as well as current research and programs in this field. Information about marine and hydrokinetic resources, government activities and research, water power associations and organizations, learning activities, and homeowner resources are available here.
MARINE AND HYDROKINETIC RESOURCES
Federal agencies that are involved in marine and hydrokinetic research and activities.
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission: Hydrokinetic Projects
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Regulation and Enforcement
RESEARCH LABORATORIES AND GOVERNMENT
Information from U.S. Department of Energy's national laboratories and other federal agencies that are involved in water power research.
U.S. Department of Energy National Laboratories
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory: Hydropower
- Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- Idaho National Laboratory
- Sandia National Laboratories: Water Power Technologies
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Argonne National Laboratory
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (Includes a National Inventory of Dams)
- Bureau of Reclamation
- Energy Information Administration
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- Federal Memorandum of Understanding for Hydropower
ASSOCIATIONS AND ORGANIZATIONS
Associations and organizations with information about water power or that are involved in water power projects and research.
- Electric Power Research Institute
- Hydro Research Foundation
- National Hydropower Association
- Ocean Renewable Energy Coalition
- Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- United States Society on Dams
Educational resources for students, ranging from elementary level to high school level materials.
- EERE K-12 Energy Lesson Plans
- Foundation for Water & Energy Education
- National Energy Education Development
Resources for homeowners who are interested in learning more about using water power at their own homes. Includes information about microhydropower and identifying water power opportunities in your state.