In February 2017, the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE’s) Water Power Technologies Office held its Peer Review Meeting in Arlington, Virginia. The purpose of the meetings was to evaluate DOE-funded water power research and development projects for contributions to DOE’s mission and goals, and to assess progress made against stated objectives.
Peer Review Meeting Materials
- Program Guide for Wind Energy Technologies Office and Water Power Technologies Office Project Peer Review
- Site and Resource Characterization
- Environmental Research
- Environmental Monitoring Instrumentation Research
- Market and Industry Development, Analysis, and Data Dissemination
- Controls Technology
- System Innovation
Peer Review Report
The Peer Review Report includes feedback on the office’s initiatives and investments across the nation. The report has been divided into two sections:
- Volume I includes sections 1–5 of the report: the executive summary, synopses of the program- and project-level evaluation results, and WPTO’s response to the 2017 Peer Review findings.
- Volume II includes sections 6 and 7—the complete program-level and project-level evaluation results—as well as the report appendices.