To support the implementation of workplace charging at federal facilities, the White House Council on Environmental Quality Office of Federal Sustainability released guidance for new and existing Level 1 charging receptacles (i.e. wall outlets) and Level 1, Level 2 and DC Fast Charger Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment..
Until 2015, Federal agencies had no specific authority to allow employees to charge their PEVs at work. This changed with the enactment of the Fixing America’s Surface Transportation Act (FAST Act) that authorizes agencies to allow employees and other authorized users to use existing or install new charging stations and requires the collection of fees to recover these costs.
- Federal Workplace Charging Workshop Presentations – View employee charging lessons learned from five Federal organizations.
- Federal Workplace Charging Case Study – Read about lessons learned from federal agencies that have piloted workplace charging programs.
- Guidance for Federal Agency Implementation of Workplace Charging: EVSE – Review White House guidance on how federal facilities can install Level 1, Level 2 and DC Fast Charger stations with cordsets for employee use.
- Guidance for Federal Agency Implementation of Workplace Charging: Level 1 Charging Receptacles – Review White House guidance on how federal facilities can use existing and install new wall outlets to provide a cost-effective employee charging program.
- Federal Workplace Charging at GSA Facilities – Review GSA Order 5605.1, Public Building Service EVSE Infrastructure Management, for information on how agencies can provide employee charging at GSA owned or leased buildings.
- EVSE Reimbursement Tool to Support Federal Agency Implementation of Workplace Charging – Federal agencies may use this tool to estimate usage fees that they need to assess employees.
- Level 1 Charging Safety and Management Policies – Explore these tips to safely provide Level 1 Charging Receptacles at your workplace.
- GSA Drive-thru Website – Browse training modules on planning for, installing and using charging stations at federal facilities.
- Federal Energy Management Program Sustainable Federal Fleets Website – Take advantage of FEMP support on installing charging infrastructure at federal facilities.