The U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE’s) Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) held a webinar on Tuesday, December 15, 2020 from 1 – 4 p.m. (ET) to discuss key findings from its recent Request for Information (RFI). The RFI gathered input from industry, academia, research laboratories, government agencies, and other stakeholders on issues related to medium- and heavy-duty freight trucking. The RFI and webinar discussions will help identify gaps and barriers to commercializing new technologies, and help inform DOE’s R&D and competitive funding strategy into the next ten years.
Webinar transcript (coming soon)
On October 9, 2020, EERE's Vehicle Technologies Office (VTO), Bioenergy Technologies Office (BETO), and Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Technologies Office (HFTO) released the RFI soliciting input on five categories:
- Freight Operational Efficiency and Systems
- Internal Combustion Engine, Powertrain, Fuels and Emissions Control
- Batteries, Electrification, and Charging of Medium- and Heavy-Duty Trucks
- Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Trucks
- Other Important Considerations
Responses to this RFI were due on November 9, 2020.