The solar industry has grown exponentially over the last decade, bringing with it hundreds of thousands of jobs. The U.S. Department of Energy Solar Energy Technologies Office (SETO) funds workforce training programs to enable more people to enter the solar energy workforce and to allow those whose jobs are impacted by solar to get the information they need to do their jobs.
If you’re interested in working in the solar industry, check out some of the resources below:
Solar Career Map
Use the Solar Career Map to explore 40 jobs across four industry sectors and identify more than 60 routes to advancement between them. Additional opportunities for progress and promotion can be found within any given occupation on the map, and multi-sector pathways reinforce the idea of lifelong learning and the natural evolution of skills and interests.
- North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners: Board Certifications
- Interstate Renewable Energy Council: Clean Energy Learning Online
- Read about the impact of this project in the final report: Integration of Solar Training into Allied Professional Development Platforms
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory: Hands-On Photovoltaic Experience (HOPE)
- The American Institute of Architects: Solar PV and the Architect
- Read about the impact of this project in the final report: Solar Training for Design Professionals
- University of New Hampshire: Solar Lending Professional Training - Virtual Series
- Grid Engineering for Accelerated Renewable Energy Deployment (GEARED)
- SunSpec Alliance: Cyberguardians and STEM Warriors