The Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP) sponsors the annual Federal Energy and Water Management Awards to recognize individuals and organizations for significant contributions to energy and water efficiency within the federal government.
FEMP intends to distinguish federal employees who developed and implemented exemplary, cost-effective projects and programs that cut energy waste and advance America’s progress toward energy independence, resilience, and security, while also advancing federal agency missions.
The Federal Energy and Water Management Awards honor outstanding achievements in:
- Energy and water efficiency and conservation
- Energy and water resilience and cybersecurity
- Distributed energy generation
- Fleet and transportation management.
Now Accepting Nominations
All nominations due June 10, 2022.
FEMP released the 2022 Criteria and Guidelines for the 2022 Federal Energy and Water Management Awards competition. Please also refer to the Frequently Asked Questions. Nominations must be submitted to FEMP by June 10, 2022, through FEMP’s awards nomination portal.
To make a nomination for the 2022 Federal Energy and Water Management Awards, follow these steps:
- Read the Criteria and Guidelines and Frequently Asked Questions documents.
- Contact us with questions about the criteria and guidelines.
- Work with your federal agency coordinator to discuss your nomination in advance and check to see if they have internal deadlines separate from FEMP.
- Log in to the awards nomination website, and submit nominations by June 10, 2022. Make sure to use the correct nomination narrative template for your selected award category.
See Federal Energy and Water Management Award winners dating back to 2001.
FEMP has announced the winners of the 2021 Federal Energy and Water Management Awards. Read more about the 18 award-winners from eight federal agencies.
FEMP is currently exploring options for honoring the 2021 Federal Energy and Water Management Award winners. Please check back for additional information.
Award Winning Champions Shared Lessons Learned Forum
In 2018 and 2019, FEMP hosted the Award Winning Champions Shared Lessons Learned Forums in conjunction with the annual Federal Energy and Water Management Awards ceremonies.
These informal forums were organized for the award winners to share their award winning program or project’s best practices, successes, barriers, recommendations, and lessons learned and to network. FEMP staff guided and documented these discussions and developed summarized the findings on the following pages.