The Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP) sponsors the annual Federal Energy and Water Management Awards to recognize individuals and organizations for significant contributions to energy and water efficiency within the federal government.
FEMP intends to distinguish federal employees who developed and implemented exemplary, cost-effective projects and programs that cut energy waste and advance America’s progress toward energy independence, resilience, and security, while also advancing federal agency missions.
The Federal Energy and Water Management Awards honor outstanding achievements in:
- Energy and water efficiency and conservation
- Distributed energy generation
- Fleet and transportation management.
FEMP has released the 2020 Criteria and Guidelines for the 2020 Federal Energy and Water Management Awards competition. Please also refer to the Frequently Asked Questions. Nominations must be submitted to FEMP by May 29, 2020 via FEMP’s awards nomination portal. This deadline was extended from the original deadline of May 8, 2020.
To make a nomination for the 2020 Federal Energy and Water Management Awards, follow these steps:
- Read the Criteria and Guidelines and Frequently Asked Questions documents.
- Contact us with questions about the criteria and guidelines.
- Register for a WebEx meeting to review the Criteria and Guidelines and nomination portal. Register for one of the identical hour-long presentations that was held March 4 at 1:30 ET, March 26 at 2:00 ET, and April 16 at 1:30 ET.
- Work with your federal agency coordinator to discuss your nomination in advance and check to see if they have internal deadlines separate from FEMP.
- Log in to the awards nomination website, and submit your nominations by May 29, 2020.
FEMP plans to announce the winners in July of 2020 and host a ceremony for the winners in Washington, D.C., in the fall of 2020.
Award Winning Champions Shared Lessons Learned Forum
In 2018, FEMP hosted the first Award Winning Champions Shared Lessons Learned Forum in conjunction with its annual Federal Energy and Water Management Awards ceremony.
This informal forum was organized specifically for the award winners to share their award winning program or project’s best practices, successes, barriers, recommendations, and lessons learned and to network. FEMP staff guided and documented these discussions and developed lessons learned summaries, which are featured on the 2018 Award Winning Champions Shared Lessons Learned Forum.
Learn about the 2019 Award Winning Champions Shared Lessons Learned Forum.