The Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP) sponsors the annual Federal Energy and Water Management Awards to recognize individuals and organizations for significant contributions to energy and water efficiency within the federal government.
FEMP intends to distinguish federal employees who developed and implemented exemplary, cost-effective projects and programs that cut energy waste and advance America’s progress toward energy independence, resilience, and security, while also advancing federal agency missions.
The Federal Energy and Water Management Awards honor outstanding achievements in:
- Energy and water efficiency and conservation
- Distributed energy generation
- Fleet and transportation management.
2019 Call for Nominations
FEMP is now accepting nominations for the 2019 Federal Energy and Water Management Awards.
FEMP has released the 2019 Federal Awards Criteria and Guidelines and the Federal Awards FAQs for Nominators. Nominations must be submitted to FEMP by April 30, 2019, through the awards nomination portal on the FEMP Central website.
To make a nomination for the 2019 Federal Energy and Water Management Awards, follow these steps.
- Read the criteria and guidelines and FAQ documents.
- Contact us with questions about the criteria and guidelines.
- Register for a WebEx meeting to review the criteria and guidelines and awards nomination portal. Register for one of the identical hour-long presentations to be held March 14, 2019, at 2 p.m. ET and April 4, 2019 at 1:30 p.m. ET.
- Work with your federal agency coordinator to discuss your nomination in advance, and check to see if he or she has internal deadlines separate from FEMP.
- Log in to the awards nomination portal, and submit your nominations by April 30, 2019.
FEMP plans to announce the winners in July 2019 and host a ceremony for the winners in Washington, D.C., in October or early November.
Fact sheet offers an overview of the U.S. Air Force's fuel-efficiency program.