The Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) Style Guide is an essential tool for preparing publications, exhibits, and websites. It features formatting, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, grammar, and usage guidelines.
Why Use This Guide?
This guide promotes the accuracy, consistency, and professionalism required for effectively communicating EERE’s capabilities and accomplishments in research and development.
How to Use This Guide
Consult this guide first when you develop or edit a publication or website for EERE. The entries, listed in alphabetical order, are selectable in the left navigation pane of the PDF. You can also use the Table of Contents to find entries.
If the entry you seek is not included, consult these style and reference guides in the following order:
- The Associated Press Stylebook* (AP Style)
- Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary
- The Chicago Manual of Style.* (Chicago Style)
* Available by subscription only.
Use the alphabetical index below to locate topics covered in the guide. You may also browse the full text of the style guide.
For any style guide questions, please contact Laura Carter.
- chemical terms
- close-spaced sublimation
- compose and comprise
- compound words and modifiers
- comprise and compose
- concentrating photovoltaics, CPV
- concentrating solar-thermal power, CSP
- Congress and congressional
- consortia, consortium
- cooperative research and development agreement, CRADA
- COVID-19, coronavirus disease 2019
- countries and states
- criteria, criterion