The Clean Hydrogen Manufacturing Recycling Program is designed to provide federal financial assistance to advance new clean hydrogen production, processing, delivery, storage, and use equipment manufacturing technologies and techniques.
Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Grants, contracts, cooperative agreements, and any other agreements authorized under this Act or other Federal law
Period of Availability:
Available until expended
- Increasing the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of the recovery of raw materials from clean hydrogen technology components and systems;
- minimizing environmental impacts from the recovery and disposal processes;
- addressing any barriers to the research, development, demonstration, and commercialization of technologies and processes for the disassembly and recycling;
- developing alternative materials, designs, manufacturing processes, and other aspects of clean hydrogen technologies;
- developing alternative disassembly and resource recovery processes that enable efficient, cost-effective, and environmentally responsible disassembly of, and resource recovery from, clean hydrogen technologies; and
- developing strategies to increase consumer acceptance of, and participation in, the recycling of fuel cells.
Estimated application opening date, 2nd quarter 2022
News from the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law