Building America Team: Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
Partners: Cadmus Group, Washington State University, Panasonic, Northwest Energy Efficiency Alliance, Southwest Energy Efficiency Project, Bonneville Power Administration, Western Area Power Administration, and Ecotope Inc.
A national study characterizing indoor air quality in occupied homes includes monitoring of mechanical ventilation systems and testing for formaldehyde, nitrogen oxides, carbon dioxide, and particulates within homes in cold and marine climates.
- Tests have been complete in 8 Portland homes
- Two homes were tested during the wildfire “season”
- Data collection has been complete in 14 Colorado homes
- Analysis to follow.
- Complete data collection in Boulder, CO
- Complete data collection in Portland, OR
- Analysis of data
- Report results to ASHRAE 62.2 committee.
For more information, project presentations, and related publications, visit the Baseline Indoor Air Quality Field Study in Occupied New U.S. Homes: Cold and Marine Climates webpage.