The Bioenergy Technologies Office (BETO) has compiled a Teaming Partner List to encourage collaboration and facilitate the formation of new project teams in the anticipation of the prospective 2023 Conversion Research & Development (R&D) Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA). The Teaming Partner List Tool allows organizations who wish to apply for this funding opportunity to explore partnering with other prospective applicants. Partnerships can provide additional expertise and resources to successfully meet the goals of the upcoming 2023 Conversion R&D FOA.
The Teaming Partner List is now available as a link in the Optimizing Production of Biofuels and Biochemicals Notice of Intent (NOI) announced in December 2022, and will be moved to DE-FOA-0002946 once released.
This potential FOA will accelerate the growth of the bioeconomy by supporting the development of high-impact technologies that convert domestic biomass and waste resources – specifically lignin - into affordable biofuels and bioproducts through two topic areas:
- Topic 1 - Overcoming Barriers to Syngas Conversion. The goal of this Topic Area is to eliminate technical barriers limiting the cost-effective production of Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF) from syngas generated from renewable carbon and waste feedstocks. Technologies selected from this Topic Area will convert acceptable feedstocks into SAF with a 70% reduction in lifecycle greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
- Topic 2 - Strategic Opportunities for Decarbonization of the Chemicals Industry Through Biocatalysts. The goal of this Topic Area is to support the development of chemicals from renewable carbon and waste feedstocks through biochemical conversion strategies. Projects seeking to utilize biomass will be encouraged to focus on lignin as a feedstock.
Any organization that would like to be included on this list should submit the following information via the Teaming Partner List on EERE Exchange under NOI DE-FOA-0002909. The Teaming Partner List will be updated periodically until the close of the full application period for the FOA, to reflect new Teaming Partners who have provided their information.
Please include the following information in your submission:
- Topic Field
Please select ONE of the following topics from the above topic fields. If you would like to be included in partner lists for both topics, please complete two separate submissions.
- Background, Interests, Capabilities Field
Please include information about your organization type/characteristics in the “Background, Interest, Capabilities” field to help other participants identify your expertise and resources. BETO also seeks applications from diverse teams of minority-serving institutions (MSIs) (including Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), Minority Business Enterprises, Minority-Owned Businesses, Woman-Owned Businesses, Veteran-Owned Businesses, and tribal entities), workforce education and training providers, and labor organizations.
BETO requires cost share, so this teaming partner list may provide an opportunity to identify commercial cost-share partners.
- For Teaming Partner List questions, contact email@example.com
- For FOA-specific questions, contact FY23conversionFOA@ee.doe.gov
Disclaimer: By submitting a request to be included on the Teaming Partner List, the requesting organization consents to the publication of the above-referenced information. By enabling and publishing the Teaming Partner List, EERE is not endorsing, sponsoring, or otherwise evaluating the qualifications of the individuals and organizations that are self-identifying themselves for placement on this Teaming Partner List. EERE will not pay for the provision of any information, nor will it compensate any applicants or requesting organizations for the development of such information.