The U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Bioenergy Technologies Office (BETO) develops industrially relevant, transformative, and revolutionary bioenergy technologies to enable sustainable, domestically produced biofuels, bioproducts, and biopower that can improve our energy security, reliability, and resilience while creating economic opportunities across the country.
BETO selects research and development projects through open and competitive procurements called funding opportunity announcements (FOA) and encourages collaborative partnerships among:
- National laboratories
- Federal, state, and local governments
- Non-government agencies.
This section on the BETO website offers information and additional resources about current and past funding opportunities, requests for information, and links to related opportunities from other DOE offices and federal organizations.
New EERE eXCHANGE Log-In Process: To make the sign-in process more secure, the EERE Funding Opportunity Exchange (eXCHANGE) has been updated to integrate with Login.gov—a secure service used by the public to sign into participating government agencies. All potential applicants and reviewers must have a Login.gov account to apply to open opportunities. Please read the MFA Quick Guide for more information.
Fiscal Year 2023 Funding Opportunities
- U.S. Department of Energy Announces $3 Million for Waste-to-Energy Community-Driven Solutions
- DOE Announces $14 Million to Optimize Production of Affordable Biofuels and Biochemicals
- DOE Announces $25.5 Million to Improve Biofuels and Bioproducts
- FY23 Scale Up FOA Selections for Accelerating Domestic Biofuel Production
- FY23 MSRDC Minority Serving Institutions for Bioenergy Research Selections
- New Notice of Intent for Improving Bioenergy Feedstocks and Optimizing Production of Biofuels and Biochemicals
Cooperative Research and Development Agreement
- DOE Announces $4 Million to Reduce Wood Heater Pollutants and Accelerate Innovative Technology
- Agile BioFoundry Announces 2023 Cooperative Research Solicitation
- Department of Energy Feedstock-Conversion Interface Consortium Announces 2023 CRADA Call
- Agile BioFoundry Announces 2022 Cooperative Research Solicitation
Closed Funding Opportunities
View closed funding opportunities.
Other Funding Opportunities
View other funding opportunities that may be investing in biomass and related renewable technologies.
Interested in Becoming a BETO Project Reviewer?
BETO is always in need of subject matter experts to review research funding applications. If you would like to become a BETO reviewer, download this fact sheet for more information on how to apply, or apply directly on the EERE Funding Opportunity Exchange Registration web page.