The U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE's) Bioenergy Technologies Office (BETO) develops industrially relevant, transformative, and revolutionary bioenergy technologies to enable sustainable, domestically produced biofuels, bioproducts, and biopower that can improve our energy security, reliability and resilience while creating economic opportunities across the country.
BETO selects research and development projects through open and competitive procurements called Funding Opportunity Announcements (FOA) and encourages collaborative partnerships among:
- National laboratories
- Federal, state, and local governments
- Non-government agencies.
This section on the BETO website offers information and additional resources about current and past funding opportunities, requests for information, and links to related opportunities from other DOE offices and federal organizations.
Fiscal Year 2020 Funding Opportunities
- Bioenergy Technologies Office Fiscal Year 2020 Multi-Topic Funding Opportunity Announcement – Project Selections
- Submission Deadlines Have Been Extended: Department of Energy Announces up to $25 Million for Plastics Recycling Research and Development
Notice of Intent
- Currently, there are no notices of intent at this time.
Requests for Information
- DOE Issues Request for Information: Understanding Workforce-Development Assets and Gaps for Technical and Non-Technical Bioenergy Workforce Preparation
- DOE Issues Request for Information Concerning Residential Wood Heater and Bioprocessing Separations Technologies
Closed Funding Opportunities
Other Funding Opportunities
View other funding opportunities that may be investing in biomass and related renewable technologies.
Note: Official notices of solicitations can be found at EERE Exchange or Grants.gov. To view all current solicitations for the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE), see the EERE Funding Opportunities page. This list is for information only—it may not be inclusive of all solicitations. Funding amounts and schedule dates are subject to change.