Are you looking to help enable the widespread adoption of bioenergy technologies that contribute to the decarbonization of the U.S. economy?
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Bioenergy Technologies Office (BETO) is seeking individuals to join the Conversion Technologies subprogram. BETO’s Conversion Technologies subprogram supports research and development (R&D) in technologies for converting biomass feedstocks into finished liquid transportation fuels—such as renewable gasoline, diesel, and jet fuel—co-products or chemical intermediates, and biopower. To achieve this goal, BETO is exploring a variety of conversion technologies that can be combined into pathways, from feedstock to product.
The following positions are available:
- Position 1: General Engineer / GS-0801-13; or Physical Scientist / GS-1301-13
- Position 2: General Engineer / GS-0801-12/13; or Physical Scientist / GS-1301- 12/13
BETO is looking for dynamic, innovative team members whose responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Program Manager in strategic portfolio development for conversion technologies including identification and development of new areas for R&D
- Developing topics for potential inclusion in annual calls for proposals, reviewing proposals, and supporting technology review activities
- Proactively managing conversion R&D projects for success
- Preparing and presenting briefing materials
- Preparing technical program documents
- Representing BETO and presenting at relevant technical conferences.
The positions could be located at DOE’s Headquarters in Washington, D.C. or the Golden Field Office in Golden, Colorado. Applicants must be a U.S. citizen.
The deadline to apply is March 6, 2024. Learn more about the role and responsibilities, knowledge and skills required, and how to apply.