You are here
The Bioenergy Technologies Office (BETO) hosted the Advanced Supply System Validation Workshop on February 3-4, 2015, in Golden, Colorado. The purpose of the workshop was to bring together a diverse group of stakeholders to examine, discuss, and validate analysis assumptions used to move beyond current feedstock supply systems designed to support the agriculture and forestry industries. Participants discussed assumptions relating to volume and transportation logistics, biomass quality, and operational risks. The outcome of the workshop includes a report summarizing the expert opinions shared during the workshop.
The topics covered in the breakout sessions included the following:
- Barriers to delivering one billion tons of biomass to biorefineries annually
- Advanced supply system concepts, including depots
- Business models for advanced supply systems
- Siting and sizing considerations for depots
- Open discussion of unresolved issues
View the List of Assumptions and Draft Workshop Agenda page for more details about the breakout sessions.
Workshop Summary Report
Advanced Supply System Design Workshop Information
February 3-4, 2015
National Renewable Energy Laboratory
Research Support Facility (RSF)
Beaver Creek Conference Room
Golden, CO 80401