You are here
PROJECTS FOR EMERGING RESEARCH EXPLORATION
Funding: Up to $35,000,000, subject to appropriations
Open Date: December 21, 2016
Funding Organization: Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE)
Funding Number: DE-FOA-0001465
To enhance the responsiveness of the roadmap approach, EERE is issuing Funding Opportunity Announcements (FOAs) within its existing Offices and programs to support innovative technologies and solutions that could help meet existing goals but are not represented in a significant way in the Offices' existing Multi-Year Program Plans (MYPPs) or current portfolios. These FOAs and resulting projects will allow EERE to assess new technologies for their potential to be “on ramped” to future MYPPs, and encourage contributions from new partners. Successful projects will reduce the risk associated with potential breakthrough approaches and technologies so that they can be viable candidates for inclusion in future program roadmaps.
This funding opportunity addresses three topic areas from the Advanced Manufacturing Office. Each topic area consists of multiple subtopics. DOE intends to fund the applications with the greatest chance of helping achieve the goals and mission of EERE. EERE may award an entire application or any part of an application at a funding level that will be negotiated with the applicant. The topic areas are:
- Topic Area 1: Advanced Materials. The Advanced Materials Topic Area focuses on advances in innovative materials and the devices and systems that incorporate them for energy-saving opportunities and improved functionality.
- Topic Area 2: Advanced Processes. The Advanced Processes Topic Area focuses on advancing transformational next-generation processes and technologies not bound by limitations of current processes.
- Topic Area 3: Modeling and Analysis Tools for Materials and Manufacturing. The Modeling and Analysis Tools for Materials and Manufacturing Topic Area focuses on optimization of energy and materials usage across the lifecycle of manufactured products through the use of information technology.
- Concept Paper Submission Deadline: 1/31/2017 5:00 PM ET
- Full Application Submission Deadline: 5/2/2017 5:00 PM ET
For more information, see the full solicitation.