DOE has direct hire authority to fill the Advanced Manufacturing Office’s energy scientific, technical, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) positions at the GS-11 through GS-15 grade level. Direct hire authority allows DOE to hire faster than the traditional government hiring process does. In using this authority, DOE still abides by the Merit System Principles and all federal and DOE regulations for hiring.
- Position / Grade: GS-15 Supervisory General Engineer/Physical Scientist
- To Apply as a General Engineer direct hire, follow application instructions at the link below.
- Location: Washington, D.C.
- Position type: Permanent
- Number of openings: 1
- Telework Available: Yes
- Serves as the Supervisory Program Manager for the Next Generation Materials & Processes Program, which includes research, development, and pilot demonstration for technologies that cover smart manufacturing, additive manufacturing, composites, highly-conductive materials, cyber security for manufacturing and materials for harsh service conditions.
- Develops and issues highly technical long-range work plans for assigned internal and external EERE programs, including definition of program elements/statements, program performance review procedures, milestones, provision for program adjustments/allowance for contingencies, performance indicators, funding, staffing, need for contracting, and related matters.
- Oversees and assures program implementation by subordinate staff and field units/staff and the development of methods and measures for reviewing and evaluating the efficiency of programs and the degree to which they are accomplishing their intended objectives.
- Assures a vigorous review and evaluation of programs and recommends to senior EE/U.S.
- Department of Energy (DOE) management such adjustments as the timing of program implementation, program emphasis, funding, staffing, and contracting out.
- Recommends changes in EERE legislation and policy to senior management based upon program experience and performance.
How to Apply
Please include the following information in the email:
- Phone number
- Vacancy for which you applied
DO NOT include the following information:
- Your Social Security number
- Your address
- Photos of yourself
- Personal information, such as age, gender, religious affiliation, etc.
- Classified or government-sensitive information
- Any encryption or digital signatures
Applicants must be U.S. citizens.