Bureau or Account: Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Funding Amount: $40,000,000
Period of Availability: Available until expended
Funding Mechanism: TBD
New Program: No
Recipients: Institutions of Higher Education or consortia
Description: To provide financial assistance for the establishment of new National Marine Energy Centers and the continuation and expansion of the research, development, demonstration, testing, and commercial application activities at the existing Centers.
- Advance research, development, demonstration, and commercial application of marine energy technologies in response to industry and commercial needs;
- Support in-water testing and demonstration of marine energy technologies, including facilities capable of testing—
- marine energy systems of various technology readiness levels and scales;
- a variety of technologies in multiple test berths at a single location;
- arrays of technology devices; and
- interconnectivity to an electrical grid, including microgrids; and
- Collect and disseminate information on best practices in all areas relating to developing and managing marine energy resources and energy systems.
Next Milestone: Estimated application opening date, 4th quarter 2022.