Sustainability is crucial to increasing the efficiency of the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) facilities and infrastructure, enhancing livability for the scientists and employees at the sites, improving performance for the taxpayer, and supporting the communities in which we live and work.
OUR VISION: Federal Leadership in Sustainability and Resilience by DOE
OUR MISSION: To proactively lead DOE's sustainability efforts, collaborate with DOE programs and promote the cost-effective use of resources while monitoring the effectiveness of sustainability programs and initiatives.
We want to help improve your energy consumption, learn more about DOE's 50001 Ready Program.
Subscribe to Spotlight Newsletter
- LEED for New Construction and Existing Buildings training:
- March 16th – 18th, 2020 in Richland, WA.
- Log into the Learning Nucleus to register (Feds only).
- FedFleet: January 28th- 30th, 2020 in Washington, DC
- Smart Labs Workshop: January 29th, 2020 in Irvine, California
- Browse training opportunities from FEMP
Visit the Whole Buildings Design Guide for pre-recorded webinars on a wide variety of topics from renewable energy, fleet management, commissioning, water systems and much more!
On November 22, 2016, FEMP issued a funding opportunity announcement (FOA) on the EERE Exchange titled Assisting Federal Facilities with Energy...Learn More
The Deep Energy Retrofit (DER) Challenge is an SPO initiative to incentivize DOE sites to upgrade their buildings to a higher standard of energy...Learn More