The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) announced the winners of the 2022 Collegiate Wind Competition (CWC) on May 19.
The full list of winners is below:
- Overall First Place: Kansas State University
- Overall Second Place: Northern Arizona University
- Overall Third Place: James Madison University
- Turbine Prototype Contest: James Madison University
- Turbine Testing Contest: Kansas State University
- Project Development Contest: Johns Hopkins University
- Connection Creation Contest: Virginia Tech University
The 2022 U.S. Department of Energy Collegiate Wind Competition focused on the challenges associated with fixed-bottom offshore wind projects. By participating in the 2022 competition, students developed the skills, experience, and industry connections that will help them break into the growing offshore wind energy industry and the wider renewable energy industry.
Twelve competing teams and four learn-along teams participated in the 2022 CWC, which took place May 16–18 in conjunction with the American Clean Power Association’s CLEANPOWER 2022 Conference & Exhibition in San Antonio.
2022 Competing Teams
Four schools also participated in the 2022 CWC as learn-along schools, which gave students the opportunity to experience the competition and establish a deeper understanding of the wind energy industry.