The Fan System Assessment Tool (FSAT) is a free online software tool that helps industrial users quantify energy use and savings opportunities in industrial fan systems. Use FSAT to understand how well your fan systems are operating, determine the economic benefit of system modifications, and establish which options are most economically viable when multiple opportunities exist for system modification.
The tool is designed for industrial plant managers and personnel who are interested in improving fan system efficiency and measuring potential savings opportunities in both dollars and electrical energy savings.
FSAT will operate on the following PC's:
- 64-bit computer running Windows 2000, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows 7
- Microsoft Office Suite 2007 and 2010
FSAT users will need to input the following information:
- Fan and motor specifications
- Operating fraction and electric rate
- System required flow and pressure
- System power kW (or amps and volts).
Based on input, FSAT will:
- Calculate how much energy your fan system is using
- Determine how efficiently your system is operating
- Quantify savings from upgrading your system.
Minimum screen resolution of 1024 x 768 and 10 megabytes of hard drive space are required.
DOE recognizes FSAT Qualified Specialists for their ability to apply the FSAT tool with industrial users. Attendees who successfully complete a FSAT qualification workshop receive this designation. A Qualified Specialist can apply FSAT to help your plant or industrial customers identify ways to improve fan system efficiency. More details on FSAT qualified specialists.
Download FSAT now!
Release Date: February 2005