Ensuring the continued operations of the Department’s many varied missions requires diligence. Unexpected telework days may arise at any time; it’s important to routinely ensure that you are able to telework with little to no advance notice. In preparation for testing the telework capabilities of the Department, OCIO will be initiating several actions over the next two weeks to ensure adequate network capacity to carry out the mission of the Department when remote access is required. Remote access is not merely for mission essential functions, but also includes the ability of the Department to carry out the business essential functions of each organization remotely.
EITS offers two primary telework access options, first if you have an EITS furnished laptop (GFE) and second from a personal/home computer. Below are directions to support either usage.
If you have an EITS-furnished laptop (GFE), please be sure to take it home with you daily and only use Virtual Private Networking (VPN) to connect and work.
- For information on connecting via VPN, please see Connecting via the EITS AnyConnect VPN Client
- Insert your badge and click Connect. For more on logging in to VPN, please see Powerpedia.
Important: If you have a government-furnished laptop and do not have a VPN account, please request one by reaching out to the IT POC in your office or by logging into DAYS Self-Service, then click Order Something on the left side of the screen, then click on VPN Remote Access and submit the request. There is no additional charge to your organization for a VPN account.
If you do not have an EITS-furnished laptop, from a personal/home computer:
- From your browser, go to https://mydesktop.doe.gov. (If you have not previously connected, you may be prompted to download and install the Citrix client. For more information, please see Citrix Workplace on Powerpedia).
- Choose whether you are logging in with your HSPD-12 PIV badge or an RSA token.
- If logging in with your HSPD-12 PIV badge, please use this guide if you need further assistance to log in. If logging in with your RSA Token, please use this guide.
Please note: Your PIV card is required for all logins, local or remote. If you do not have a PIV card for any reason, an RSA SecurID token may be used to log in remotely. If you need an RSA SecurID token, please follow these instructions.
We also recommend that you ensure your security questions are up-to-date in the event you need support from the Service Desk that requires your identity to be validated, for example a password reset. Your security questions can be updated by logging into https://ess.doe.gov. On the Home screen, click “Account Maintenance” and then select “Security Questions.”
If you have any questions or need assistance, the EITS Service Desk is here to help: Please call 301-903-2500 or email EITS.ServiceDesk@hq.doe.gov during our business hours (7 a.m. – 8 p.m. ET Monday-Friday).
If there are any questions regarding these upcoming events you may contact the OCIO’s office at: (301) 903-2500.
Thank you in advance for your support of this critical assessment.