In the last two months, the Grid Deployment Office’s Hydroelectric Incentives Program has made some major announcements and here are the latest important program updates:
- Maintaining and Enhancing Hydroelectricity Incentives (EPAct 2005 Section 247)
- On May 8, 2023, the Grid Deployment Office released application guidance and opened the solicitation. Letters of Intent (LOI), which are required to be eligible to file a full application, are due by, June 22, 2023, at 5:00 p.m. ET. Full applications will be accepted starting June 23, 2023, through 5:00 p.m. ET, October 6, 2023. Learn More.
- On Wednesday, May 24, 2023, at 1:00 p.m. ET, DOE will hold a public webinar on the recently released application guidance. Register Today.
- The Community Benefits Plan Objectives Summary referenced in the application guidance is now available. Inclusion of a completed version of this template is required with full application submittal.
- Hydroelectric Efficiency Improvement Incentives Program (EPAct 2005 Section 243)
- On March 22, 2023, the Grid Deployment Office released application guidance and opened the solicitation for the Hydroelectric Efficiency Improvement Incentives (EPAct 2005 Section 243). Applications are due by June 20, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. ET. Learn More.
- The Community Benefits Plan Objectives Summary is now available. Inclusion of this template is optional and not required with application submittal.
- Hydroelectric Production Incentives (EPAct 2005 Section 242)
- On May 8, 2023, the application period for the electricity generated and sold in CY21 and CY22 closed. DOE is now in the process of reviewing applications and will notify applicants of their eligibility in July.
Additional Frequently Asked Questions have been added for each incentive. Check out the recently updated Frequently Asked Question pages for each incentive and check back frequently for additions.