The Department of Energy's (DOE) Building America program hosts open meetings and webinars for industry partners and stakeholders that provide a forum to exchange information about various aspects of residential building research.
There are no Building America meetings scheduled at this time. Please subscribe to Building America news and updates to receive notification of future meetings.
Past Technical and Stakeholder Meetings
- Building America 2013 Technical Update Meeting: April 2013
- Building America 2012 Technical Update Meeting: July 2012
- Building America Stakeholder Meeting: March 2012
- Residential Energy Efficiency Research Planning Meeting: October 2011
- Residential Energy Efficiency Technical Update Meeting: August 2011
- Residential Energy Efficiency Stakeholders Meeting: March 2011
- Building America Research Planning Meeting: November 2010
- Residential Buildings Energy Efficiency Meeting: July 2010
The Building America program announces the launch of its 2014 webinar series! Each month's free webinar will offer information about the latest advances in residential building technologies and practices, presented by Building America research team experts.
High Performance Space Conditioning Systems, Part II
Date/Time: November 18, 2014; 3:00-4:30 PM EDT
Description: The webinar will continue our series on strategies to improve the performance of HVAC systems for low load homes and home performance retrofits. Presenters and specific topics for this webinar include:
- William Zoeller, Consortium for Advanced Residential Retrofit (CARB), presenting Design Options for Locating Ducts within Conditioned Space. The presentation will provide an overview of the technical aspects of buried and encapsulated duct systems as well as the advantages and disadvantages of these systems compared to alternative strategies.
- Dave Mallay, Partnership for Home Innovation (PHI), presenting Buried Ducts in Conditioned Spaces. Dave will discuss buried ducts and design considerations, the compact duct concept, results of field testing and monitoring, and alternative solutions for air sealing and insulating the ducts.
- Jordan Dentz, Advanced Residential Integrated Energy Solutions (ARIES), presenting Optimizing Air Distribution Retrofit Strategies in Multi-Unit Buildings. This presentation will present a project with two retrofit duct sealing techniques, manually-applied sealants and injecting a spray sealant, that were implemented in several low-rise multi-unit buildings. This presentation will also review the comparative results of the two methods in terms of reduction in duct leakage to the outside, cost, energy savings and payback.
High Performance Space Conditioning Systems, Part I
The webinar, held on Oct. 23, 2014, focused on strategies to improve the performance of HVAC systems for low-load homes and home performance retrofits. View the presentations.
Multifamily Ventilation Strategies and Compartmentalization Requirements
The webinar, held on Sept. 24, 2014, focused on key challenges in multifamily ventilation and strategies to address their challenges. View the presentations.
Low-E Storms: The Next Big Thing in Window Retrofits
The webinar, held on Sept. 9, 2014, focused on a new and improved low-e storm window that boasts a combination of curb appeal and energy efficiency, all for a fraction of the cost of window replacement. View the presentation and the recorded webinar.
High Performance Enclosure Strategies: Part II, New Construction
The webinar, held on Aug. 13, 2014, was the second in the series on designing and constructing high performance building enclosures, and focused on effective strategies to address moisture and thermal needs. View the presentations and the recorded webinar.
Retrofitting Central Space Conditioning Strategies for Multifamily Buildings
The webinar, held on July 16, 2014, focused on improving the performance of central space conditioning systems in multifamily buildings. Presenters discussed hydronic heating strategies and the evaluation of thermostatically controlled radiator valves (TRVs). View the presentations and the recorded webinar.
Who's Successfully Doing Deep Energy Retrofits?
The webinar, held on June 25, 2014, focused on specific Building America projects that highlight real-world examples of deep energy retrofits (DER) that are meeting with technical and market success. Presenters focused on technical strategies, modeled and actual performance results, and project costs. View the presentations and the recorded webinar.
High Performance Building Enclosures: Part I, Existing Homes
This webinar, held on May 21, 2014, focused on specific Building America projects that have implemented technical solutions to retrofit building enclosures to reduce energy use and improve durability. View the presentations and the recorded webinar.
Building Energy Optimization Tool (BEopt) Training
This webinar, held on May 15, 2014, provided an overview of BEopt (Building Energy Optimization) tool, and focused on opportunities for builders to improve their home designs by finding the best efficiency measures for their climate and costs. View the presentation.
Opportunities in Large Data Collection and Analysis
This webinar, held on April 16, 2014, focused on specific Building America projects that are looking to gather and analyze large bodies of data on new and existing homes, and featured opportunities for industry to collaborate with researchers to gather and analyze valuable data. View the presentations and the recorded webinar.
Standardized Retrofit Packages — What Works to Meet Consistent Levels of Performance?
This webinar, held on March 19, 2014, focused on specific Building America projects that have examined methods to consistently meet high levels of energy performance in existing homes, with a focus on retrofit packages that can be replicated across many homes. View the presentation slides and the recorded webinar.
View other past webinars focused on residential energy efficiency on the webinar archives page.
Building America hosts several expert meetings each year on a variety of building energy efficiency topics, which are presented by research team members. This page provides links to past expert meetings proceedings, including presentations and related documents.
- Recommended Approaches to Humidity Control in High Performance Homes
- Cladding Attachment over Exterior Insulation
- Exploring the Disconnect Between Rated and Field Performance of Water Heating Systems
- Combustion Safety
- Key Innovations for Adding Energy Efficiency to Maintenance Projects
- Retrofit Implementation: A Neighborhood at a Time
- Advanced Envelope Research Update
- Transforming Existing Buildings Through New Media: An Idea Exchange
- Recommendations for Applying Water Heaters in Combination Space and Domestic Water Heating Systems
- Interior Insulation of Masonry Structures
- Achieving the Best Installed Performance from High-Efficiency Residential Gas Furnaces
- Foundation Research Results
- Window Options for New and Existing Homes
- Energy Savings You Can Bank On
- Hydronic Heating in Multifamily Buildings
- Transitioning Traditional HVAC Contractors to Whole House Performance
- Simplified Space Conditioning Systems for Energy Efficient Houses
- Delivering Better, Cheaper, and Faster Retrofits through Stakeholder-Focused Research
- Advanced Home Energy Management
- Diagnostic Measurement and Performance Feedback for Residential Space Conditioning System Equipment
Keep current with upcoming events and news by subscribing to Building America updates.