The Department of Energy's (DOE) Building America program hosts open meetings and webinars for industry partners and stakeholders that provide a forum to exchange information about various aspects of residential building research.
- Upcoming Meetings
- Past Technical and Stakeholder Meetings
- Current Webinars
- Past Webinars
- Expert Meetings
There are no Building America meetings scheduled at this time. Please subscribe to Building America news and updates to receive notification of future meetings.
- Building America 2013 Technical Update Meeting: April 2013
- Building America 2012 Technical Update Meeting: July 2012
- Building America Stakeholder Meeting: March 2012
- Residential Energy Efficiency Research Planning Meeting: October 2011
- Residential Energy Efficiency Technical Update Meeting: August 2011
- Residential Energy Efficiency Stakeholders Meeting: March 2011
- Building America Research Planning Meeting: November 2010
- Residential Buildings Energy Efficiency Meeting: July 2010
The Building America program continues its webinar series into 2015! Each month's free webinar will offer information about the latest advances in residential building technologies and practices, presented by Building America research team and national laboratory experts.
Building America Research Tools: Field Test Best Practices, BEopt, and National Residential Efficiency Measures Database
Date/Time: March 18, 2015; 3:00-4:30 PM EST
Description: Join us for a free webinar that will review Building America research tools, including: Field Test Best Practices, Building Energy Optimization (BEopt) software, and the National Residential Efficiency Measures Database. These tools were created to support best practices in the building science community. Presenters and specific topics for this webinar include:
• Lieko Earle and Bethany Sparn, National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), presenting Field Test Best Practices. Field testing is a science and an art—a tricky process developed through trial and error. NREL developed the Field Test Best Practices, a unique web-based tool for documenting and sharing best practices for field experiments and long-term monitoring of residential building systems. This tool is a central repository of decades of practical field testing knowledge collected by the DOE national laboratories, Building America research teams, and the greater building science community. This presentation will provide an overview of the content structure, demonstrate key features, and introduce the new discussion forum.
• Scott Horowitz, Craig Christensen, and Noel Merket, NREL, presenting Using the BEopt Software to Identify Cost-Effective High Performance Designs. NREL developed BEopt to help meet Building America's goal to develop market-ready energy efficient solutions for new and existing homes. This presentation will provide an overview of BEopt and opportunities for builders to improve their home designs by finding the best efficiency measures for their climate and costs. Speakers will also discuss the National Residential Efficiency Measures database, a centralized resource of residential building retrofit measures and costs for the U.S. building industry.
View other past webinars focused on residential energy efficiency on the webinar archives page.
Building America hosts several expert meetings each year on a variety of building energy efficiency topics, which are presented by research team members. This page provides links to past expert meetings proceedings, including presentations and related documents.
Keep current with upcoming events and news by subscribing to Building America updates.