The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Building America program held its fourth annual Technical Update meeting on April 29-30, 2013, in Denver, Colorado. This meeting showcased world-class building science expertise for high performance homes in a dynamic format that addressed eight key critical questions facing the building industry today. This Technical Update Meeting combined expert presentations, panel discussions, and audience participation to update the industry on the latest technologies and practices.
View the meeting presentations below, which are available as Adobe Acrobat PDFs. The meeting summary report will be available soon. You can also view the complete webinar recordings for Day 1 (video) and Day 2 (video).
- Update on U.S. Department of Energy Residential Program Priorities
- Critical Question #1: How Do We Retrofit the Tough Buildings?
- Critical Question #2: What are the Best Practices for Ventilation Specific to Multifamily Buildings?
- Critical Question #3: What are the Best Options for All-Electric Homes?
- Critical Question #4: What are the Best Off-the-Shelf HVAC Solutions for Low-Load, High-Performance Homes and Apartments?
- Critical Question #5: What are Recent Innovations in Air Distribution Systems?
- Critical Question #6: What are the Challenges and Solutions for Modeling Multifamily Buildings?
- Critical Question #7: What are the Best Practices for Single-Family Ventilation in All Climate Regions?
- Critical Question #8: When are Heat Pump Water Heaters the Best Solution?
- Key Issues
Please subscribe to Building America news and updates to receive notification of future Building America meetings.