In support of the goals of SunShot's Photovoltaics subprogram, DOE issues competitive solicitations to fund targeted research projects through funding opportunity announcements (FOAs). Awards are made to universities, national laboratories, and industry.
Current awards are listed by funding program:
- Bridging Research Interactions through collaborative Development Grants in Energy (BRIDGE)
- Diversity in Science and Technology Advances National Clean Energy in Solar (DISTANCE-Solar)
- Foundational Program to Advance Cell Efficiency (F-PACE)
- Next Generation Photovoltaics 2
- Next Generation Photovoltaics 3
- Physics of Reliability: Evaluating Design Insights for Component Technologies in Solar (PREDICTS)
- Physics of Reliability: Evaluating Design Insights for Component Technologies in Solar 2 (PREDICTS 2)
These funding programs are in addition to DOE’s substantial investment in research at the National Center for Photovoltaics at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory. More information about those projects can be found here.
The Solar Energy Technologies Office also supports the Quantum Energy and Sustainable Solar Technologies (QESST) Engineering Research Center and the Solar Energy Research for India and the U.S. (SERIIUS).
For more information on available funding, visit the financial opportunities page.