In support of the SunShot goals, DOE issues competitive solicitations to fund targeted research projects along the entire technology pipeline. Financial awards allow three key partners—industry, national laboratories, and universities—to help DOE advance SunShot Initiative goals.
Below are DOE's current awards:
- Bridging Research Interactions through collaborative Development Grants in Energy (BRIDGE)
- Diversity in Science and Technology Advances National Clean Energy in Solar (DISTANCE-Solar)
- Foundational Program to Advance Cell Efficiency (F-PACE)
- Next Generation PV II
- Grid Engineering for Accelerated Renewable Energy Deployment (GEARED)
- Physics of Reliability: Evaluating Design Insights for Component Technologies in Solar (PREDICTS)
In addition to these compeititve awards, the Solar Energy Technologies Office supports national laboratory PV research. For more information on available funding, visit the financial opportunities page.