EERE’s purchasing/acquisition staff is committed to obtaining the best value goods and services, and equipment. In a cost-effective, timely manner, we seek competition to the fullest extent possible and are dedicated to the highest standards of ethical conduct throughout the acquisition process. We support the U.S. Department of Energy's socio-economic objectives by striving to award a fair portion of our total contracts to qualified small businesses, businesses owned by socially or economically disadvantaged individuals and woman- and veteran-owned small firms. Our procurement office purchases goods and services for use by the major programs and offices of EERE.
EERE procures its acquisitions in various ways based on dollar value:
- Micro-purchases — less than $3,500 and typically processed using Government VISA Purchase Card
- Simplified Acquisitions — between $3,500 and $150,000
- Contract actions — exceed $150,000 in value
For a list of purchases EERE anticipates in the coming year, visit DOE's Forecast of Opportunities Web page. Keep in mind that these requirements are only projections. They may be revised or canceled, depending on program budget funding or departmental needs.
Two important websites all small businesses should visit:
- Small Businesses: 101 on Doing Business with the Department of Energy, a one-stop shop at the DOE for small business.
- SBA.gov, U.S. Small Business Administration, has all the answers about how a small business can be successful when desiring contracting opportunities with the government.