Find easy-to-understand information about hydrogen (H2) and fuel cell technologies here! Increase your H2IQ by checking out our fact sheets and other introductory resources. Also visit our multimedia page to find infographics, videos, and animations about hydrogen and fuel cell technologies.
Basic Fact Sheets
These fact sheets provide a basic introduction to hydrogen and fuel cell technologies for non-technical audiences.
- Fuel Cell Technologies Office Fact Sheet
- Progress and Accomplishments in Hydrogen and Fuel Cells
- Highlights from U.S. Department of Energy's Fuel Cell Recovery Act Projects
- Fuel Cell Financing for Tax-Exempt Entities
- Careers in Fuel Cell Technologies
- Fuel Cells
- Manufacturing R&D
- Hydrogen Production
- Hydrogen Distribution and Delivery
- Market Transformation
- Early Markets: Fuel Cells for Material Handling Equipment
- Early Markets: Fuel Cells for Backup Power
- Hydrogen Storage
- Safety, Codes, and Standards
- Technology Validation
- Education and Outreach
- Comparison of Fuel Cell Technologies
- Hydrogen-Powered Buses
Additional Basics Resources
- Hydrogen and fuel cell technology basics (EERE Energy Basics)
- Fuel cell electric vehicles (Alternative Fuels Data Center)
- Hydrogen as a vehicle fuel (Alternative Fuels Data Center)
- Fuel cell vehicle basics (FuelEconomy.gov)
Need More In-Depth Information?
Visit our information resources pages, where you can access general, technical, and programmatic publications and presentations; link to the websites of other organizations working to advance hydrogen and fuel cells; and find definitions for words related to hydrogen and fuel cell technology.