Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity Energy Savings Performance Contracts
Provides an introduction to Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) ESPCs.
Frequently Asked Questions, Guidance, and Reports
Offers information intended to enhance and clarify ESPC authority and provide policy guidance to agencies that are starting an ESPC, have a project underway, or have already awarded an ESPC.
- Energy Savings Performance Contracts: Frequently Asked Questions
- Practical Guide to Savings and Payments in ESPC Task Orders
- Guidance Regarding Refinancing, Restructuring, or Modifying Loan Agreements Entered into by an ESCO Under a Federal ESPC
- Guidance on Utility Rate Estimations and Weather Normalization in an ESPC
- DOE Guidance on the Elements Necessary to Qualify as an Energy Conservation Measure Under an Energy Savings Performance Contract
- Guidance on New Construction under an Energy Savings Performance Contract
Acquisition Planning and Processes
Outlines processes and considerations to help federal agencies begin U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) ESPC planning.
- Best Practices and Lessons Learned for Federal Agency ESPC Projects
- Tri-Party Agreement Template and Sample
- Risk, Responsibility, and Performance Matrix (IDIQ Attachment J-7)
- Renewable Energy Screening for ESPCs
- Energy Savings Performance Contract Energy Sales Agreements
Energy Service Company Selection, Project Kickoff, Preliminary Assessment
Guides federal agencies through selecting an energy service company (ESCO), project kickoff and preliminary assessment activities.
- FEMP Suggested ESPC Milestone Plan
- Letter to Unsuccessful Company
- Letter to Successful Company
- Oral Presentation Guidance
- Preliminary Assessment Template
- Preliminary Assessment Review for Federal ESPCs
Final Proposal and Award
Includes guidance documents and resources surrounding the final ESPC proposal and awarding contracts to selected ESCOs.
- eProject Builder
- DOE ESPC Task Order Request For Proposal (TO-RFP) Template
- Investment-Grade Audit Kickoff Meeting Agenda
- Task Order Financial Schedules (IDIQ Attachment J-6)
- Descriptions of Task Order Schedules and Placement of Pricing Information (IDIQ Attachment J-5)
- Determining Price Reasonableness in Federal ESPCs
- Task Order Price Evaluation Worksheet
- Investor's Deal Summary (IDIQ Attachment J-11)
- Standard Financing Offer (IDIQ Attachment J-12)
- DOE FEMP Procedure for Notifying Congress Prior to Award of ESPCs
- Pre-Award Deliverables Sample (Part 1 of Sample Deliverables for Task Orders, IDIQ Attachment J-4)
- ESPC Best Practices from Life of Contract Field Reviews
Measurement and Verification Plan
Features guidance documents and samples to help federal agencies create M&V plans.
- Example Measurement and Verification Plan for an ESPC Project
- Measurement and Verification Plan and Savings Calculations Methods Outline (IDIQ Attachment J-8)
- Reviewing M&V Plans for Federal ESPC Projects
Implementation, Construction, Project Acceptance
Provides guidance on navigating the implementation stage of ESPC projects.
- Commissioning Guidance for ESPCs
- Post-Award Deliverables Sample (Part 2 of Sample Deliverables for Task Orders, IDIQ Attachment. J-4)
- Guidelines, Checklist, and Contract Clauses for Government Acceptance of DOE ESPC Projects
- ESPC Past Performance Questionnaire
Post-Installation and Annual Measurement and Verification Performance Reports
Details requirements and guidance for producing and reviewing post-installation and annual M&V reports; Includes guidance to help federal agencies sustain effective administration of the contract throughout its term and ensure that guaranteed savings are delivered.
- Post-Installation Report Outline (IDIQ Attachment J-9)
- Annual Report Outline (IDIQ Attachment J-10)
- Guide to Government Witnessing and Review of Measurement and Verification Activities
- Reviewing Post-Installation and Annual Reports for Federal ESPC Projects
- DOE ESPC Life of Contract Plan Template
Measurement and Verification
Details the execution of M&V activities to determine performance and cost savings across DOE ESPCs.
- M&V Guidelines: Measurement and Verification for Federal Energy Projects
- Draft M&V Guidelines: Measurement and Verification for Federal Energy Projects
- International Performance Measurement and Verification Protocol (IPMVP)
- How to Determine and Verify Operations and Maintenance Savings in Federal ESPCs
Operations and Maintenance, Continuous Commissioning, and Retro-Commissioning
Covers ongoing O&M and commissioning activities through the life of the completed ESPC project.
- Including Retro-Commissioning in Federal ESPCs
- Example Retro-Commissioning Statement of Work to Include Services as Part of an ESPC Detailed Energy Survey
- Planning and Reporting for Operations and Maintenance in Federal ESPCs
Life Cycle Costing Tools
Helps federal agencies implement energy- and water-efficiency projects.