Federal data centers used nearly 10% of federal electricity use in 2013. Find out how to make data centers more energy efficient.
Laboratory activities and ventilation requirements can be energy intensive. Find out how to make laboratories more efficient.
Facilities rely on pumps, motors, and fans for everyday operations. Find out how to maintain equipment for efficiency.
To help agencies meet energy management mandates in federal facilities, the Federal Energy Management Program provides information and best practices about how to achieve energy and water efficiency in the following facility areas.
- Data Centers: Learn about how to plan and construct energy-efficient data centers.
- Laboratories: Find out how to take a whole-building approach to improve laboratory energy efficiency.
- Operations and Maintenance: Develop operations and maintenance plans that ensure systems and equipment are reliable, safe, and energy efficient. Information about commissioning and metering is also available.
- Sustainable Buildings and Campuses: Learn about sustainable design practices and how to implement them.
- Water Use Reduction: Find out how to reduce water use and increase water efficiency in buildings and outdoor applications.