The Office of Technology Transitions’ (OTT) Summer Entrepreneurship Program is an exciting internship opportunity for undergraduate students looking to experience the Department of Energy’s (DOE) world-class National Lab system, boost entrepreneurial thinking, and explore market opportunities.
OTT Entrepreneurship Program details:
- Administered and managed by OTT, the program is a 10 weeklong internship that pairs students with technologies and mentors from the DOE National Labs to develop strategies for commercialization.
- Students undergo intensive training to understand and advance cutting edge technologies in fields spanning machine learning and artificial intelligence, computing, data science, biofuels, energy, materials and more.
- Parallel to this technical training, the students also undergo intensive training in commercialization through asynchronous Energy I-Corps curriculum (EIC).
- At the end of the program, students present their individual work and also pair into teams to create and deliver investor pitches judged by a panel of experts in technology commercialization.
- The program benefits participants by enhancing their education and training in entrepreneurship and energy technology related fields and increasing their future marketability in these disciplines.
Stay tuned for program updates and application information for Spring 2022.