The application period for the Sustainable Energy Resources for Consumers (SERC) grant from the Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) is open until February 16, 2024. Please read Weatherization Memorandum 117 for instructions to apply.
The Concept Paper Deadline for the Enhancement & Innovation grant has closed. Only applicants who submitted a Concept Paper may submit a Full Application. The Full Application is due on January 5, 2024. Read the E&I FOA Quick Guide and the WAP E&I FOA, that was released on June 27th, 2023 for instructions on applying.
Applicants may apply for more than one grant if they meet the eligibility requirements for each individual grant. WAP Innovation grants are awarded in addition to WAP formula funds. Find out more about each type of grant below.
Enhancement & Innovation (E&I)
Eligible applicants include WAP Grantees, Subgrantees, and nonprofit entities.
How to Apply
Funding Opportunity Announcements (FOAs) are released by the Department of Energy on the Clean Energy Infrastructure eXCHANGE and contain instructions for E&I applications.
E&I applications consist of two phases—a concept paper and a full application. Please consult the application materials for further guidance.
Opportunities and Deadlines
The WAP E&I FOA was published July 27th, 2023.
- Concept Papers are due on 08/31/2023 at 5 pm ET on eXCHANGE.
- Full Applications are due on 01/05/2024 at 5 pm on eXCHANGE.
Please consult the WAP E&I FOA for more information.
- Informational Webinar for Potential Applicants of the BIL WAP Enhancement & Innovation FOA
- Informational Webinar for Potential Applicants of the BIL WAP Enhancement & Innovation FOA Slides
Past Application Materials:
Sustainable Energy Resources for Consumers (SERC)
Eligible applicants include current Department of Energy WAP Grantees and Subgrantees.
How to Apply
Who Is Eligible
SERC funds are awarded to the WAP Grantee and will pass through the Grantee office to the WAP Subgrantee which can be a nonprofit entity or Community Action Agency (CAA), tribe, or other public entity such as a housing authority (see 10 CFR 440.3 “Local Applicant”). The Subgrantee may partner or contract with other entities such as private contractors, utilities, community-based organizations, etc.
Direct Service Grantees (U.S. Territories) are also eligible for funds and may apply without the pass-through to Subgrantees and receive funds directly.
Opportunities & Deadlines
Past Application Materials
- Weatherization Memorandum 096: SERC Grant Applications - Update to Eligible Applicants
- Weatherization Program Notice 22-11: WAP Modification Guidance for Sustainable Energy Resources for Consumers (SERC) Grants
- Weatherization Memorandum 084: WAP Sustainable Energy Resources for Consumers (SERC) Grant Application