Home Efficiency Rebates will award grants to State energy offices to provide rebates that discount the price of energy-saving retrofits in single-family and multi-family buildings. These, along with the Home Electrification and Appliance Rebates, comprise the Home Energy Rebates programs authorized through the Inflation Reduction Act.
Inflation Reduction Act Section 50121: Home Energy Performance-Based, Whole-House Rebates
Period of Availability:
To remain available through 9/30/2031
No direct allocation
- A State energy office may use up to 20% of awarded funds for planning, administration, or technical assistance.
- A State energy office must use at least 80% of awarded funds to provide single-family and multifamily households with discounts for efficiency upgrades that are predicted to save at least 20% of the home’s energy use.
- Biden-Harris Administration Announces Funding For Community-Centered Clean Energy Programs Across the U.S. And $9 Billion For Home Rebates (January 18, 2023)
- IRA Home Energy Rebates Programs Informational Webinar (December 16, 2022)
- Biden-Harris Administration Announces State And Tribe Allocations For Home Energy Rebate Program (November 2, 2022)