Welcome To the EECBG Program Formula Application Hub!
On this page, you will find helpful information about how to apply for formula awards from the Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant (EECBG) Program.
We recommend starting with the program’s Administrative and Legal Requirements Document (ALRD) and Application Instructions. These documents will provide crucial information about the overall design and structure of the EECBG Program and the application process. Be sure to review these resources to determine if you will pursue a grant or a voucher (for technical assistance and/or equipment/installation rebates)!
The Department of Energy has updated the Pre-Award Information Sheet.
How To Apply To Receive EECBG Program Formula Funds
Use the sections below to learn how to apply for your EECBG Program formula award.
Eligible entities may apply for a voucher or a grant, but not both.
First Steps for Grants & Vouchers
- Check to confirm that your state, local government, or Indian tribe is eligible for an EECBG Program formula award and determine your allocation amount:
- Determine if you will select a voucher or a grant (local governments and Indian tribes only). To learn more, check out Sections 2.3, 9.0, and Appendix 1 of the EECBG Program Application Instructions or watch a webinar (linked below).
- Review the allowable activities, found on page 6 of the EECBG Program Application Instructions.
- Submit this Optional Information Collection Form so DOE can keep in touch with you about the EECBG Program!
Application Steps for Grants
Step 1: Complete Pre-Application Steps
These steps are for grants only. For steps associated with a voucher, see section below.
- Register for the System for Award Management (SAM) at https://www.sam.gov/. Registration in SAM will enable you to receive a Unique Entity ID (UEI) number, which is required to complete nexts steps. Note: This can take three weeks to process, so it’s important to get started early!
- Register in FedConnect, which will allow your organization to receive and acknowledge its award, athttps://www.fedconnect.net/.
- Provide information in the Pre-Award Information Sheet and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 28, 2023.
- Expect an email from the PAGE system (which is the portal for application submissions) inviting you to apply within 3 weeks of emailing the Pre-Award Information Sheet.
Step 2: Complete your application and submit it via the PAGE Platform
Once you have obtained your organization’s Unique Entity ID (UEI number) and have received an invitation from the PAGE platform, submit the following forms by either completing the online forms in PAGE, or uploading as attachments to PAGE:
- Standard Form 424 (Application form)
- Standard Form 424A (Budget summary)
- Budget Justification
- Energy Efficiency and Conservation Strategy (EECS). We recommend using the following optional templates:
- Authorized Applicant: (Assurance Letter or Tribal Resolution)
- Assurance Letter: Davis Bacon Act
- A link to the applicant’s latest single audit as required by 2 CFR 200 Subpart F
- NEPA Statement of Work (for expedited reviews)
- NEPA Environmental Questionnaire (EQ-1), if directed to submit
- Indirect Rate Agreement or Rate Proposal (if applicable)
- Certifications regarding Lobbying (SF-LLL Disclosure Form to report lobbying)
Application Steps for Vouchers
These steps are for vouchers only. For steps associated with a grants, see section above.
Step 1: Complete pre-application steps
- Provide information in the Pre-Award Information Sheet and return it to email@example.com by April 28, 2023 (voucher sections only).
- Prepare your Energy Efficiency and Conservation Strategy (EECS). We recommend using the following optional templates:
- Email your Energy Efficiency and Conservation Strategy (EECS) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2: Complete EECBG Program Voucher Application
Stay tuned! More information forthcoming!
Resources for Learning & Applying
Upcoming EECBG Program Webinars
Recorded Webinars & Slides
View recordings and see presentations of previous sessions of EECBG Program webinars below.
- Introduction to the EECBG Program for states and territories webinar recording.
- Introduction to the EECBG Program for states and territories webinar presentation slides.
- Introduction to the EECBG Program for local governments webinar recording.
- Introduction to the EECBG Program for local governments webinar presentation slides.
- Introduction to the EECBG Program for tribal governments webinar recording.
- Introduction to the EECBG Program for tribal governments webinar presentation slides.
INTRODUCTION TO GRANT APPLICATION PROCESS
Review this webinar for detailed guidance about the EECBG Program Grant Application Process. This webinar includes information about the necessary steps and materials required to apply for the program.
- Watch the recording–forthcoming!
- Read through the webinar presentation slides.
Below are important documents you will need to read or fill out to apply for a EECBG Program Formula Grant. Note that more information is forthcoming to apply for the voucher application.
Guidance and Resources for EECBG Program
Forms for EECBG Program Formula Applications (Voucher & Grant)
Forms for EECBG Program Formula Applications (Grant Only)
Still have questions?
We’re here to help! See our most frequently asked questions on the EECBG Program page under More Information.