Use the expandable menus below to access various small business resources.
- The U.S. Small Business Administration’s Learning Center is a small business development resource for starting or growing a new business.
- GSA Training videos provide an overview of how to do business with the General Services Administration.
- This short YouTube video provides an overview of Category Management, the new acquisition approach for the Federal Government.
- The Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE) provides training from industry leaders and mentors on a variety of business development topics.
- Visit the DOE OSDBU Calendar of Events to identify upcoming DOE outreach opportunities.
- Visit the OSDBU Council’s website and click on “Calendar” to view other Federal agencies’ small business outreach events.
- The SBA network of Small Business Development Centers is at https://www.sba.gov/tools/local-assistance/sbdc.
- Visit the Association of Procurement Technical Assistance Centers for government-wide small business training.
Policy and Regulations
- The Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) governs the usage of appropriated funds to acquire goods and services
- The Department of Energy Acquisition Guide provides procurement direction specific to DOE, as a supplement to the FAR.
- The Small Business Act established the Small Business Administration and the Federal OSDBU offices, identifying their roles in advocating for small businesses.
- DOE OSDBU’s Undue Restriction portal provides small businesses the ability to report perceived contracting barriers.
- The Small Business Regulatory Enforcement Fairness Act of 1996 (SBREFA) requires Federal agencies to provide information concerning rules and regulations.
- Executive Order 13360 recognizes the sacrifices made by service-disabled veterans, and directs Federal agencies to provide contracting opportunities to service-disabled veteran-owned small businesses.
Frequently Asked Questions
Small Business Advocacy Groups
- OSDBU Council
- HUBZone Council
- National 8(a) Association
- Women Impacting Public Policy (WIPP)
- Energy Technology and Environmental Business Association (ETEBA)
- American Council for Technology and Industry Advisory Council (ACT-IAC)
- National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC)
- U.S. Women’s Chamber of Commerce (USWCC)
- Association of Procurement Technical Assistance Centers (APTAC)
- Society of American Military Engineers (SAME)
- Small Business Development Centers
- Minority, Women and Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (MWDBE) Governmental Committee
- Women Build America
- National Center for American Indian Enterprise Development (NCAIED)
- Atlanta Business League
- Greater Washington Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- National Association of Small Business Contractors
- National Black Chamber of Commerce
- National Congress of American Indians
- National Veteran Small Business Coalition
- Native American Contractors Association
- Objective Rally Point
- Retired Military Officers Association
- Small Environmental Business Action Coalition
- The American Legion
- U.S. Black Chamber of Commerce
- U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Veterans of Foreign Wars
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
- Native American Contractor’s Association
- SBA Office of Native American Affairs
- Native American Procurement Technical Assistance Center