You are here
Small business owners seeking to do business with the U.S. Department of Energy may already be aware of the Oak Ridge Supplier Database. The Small Business Programs Office at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) would like to keep in touch with you periodically about pertinent, small business-related information. This may include updates from ORNL, the Department of Energy (DOE), the Small Business Administration (SBA) and others.
The ORNL Business Opportunities listing is updated at least once a month. Please be sure to bookmark it.
• The SBA has an “SBA Contracting Classroom” on its website, including new information about HUBZone qualifying. See it at https://www.sba.gov/gcclassroom.
• The DOE Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU) has announced its 14th Annual DOE Small Business Forum & Expo will be held June 16-18, 2015, in Phoenix, Arizona. More information to come at www.smallbusiness.energy.gov.
• Sources sought announcement on the OSDBU website
• ORNL partnered with the SBA, the Knoxville Area Urban League, CNS/Y-12, the City of Knoxville and the TN Small Business Development Centers to host a recent Business and Bonding Workshop on surety bonding. Industry speakers included:
o Gregory Nash, President
Bonds Southeast, Inc.
o Denita Lowes
Bond Ability Surety Bonds
o Chad Martin, Contract Bond Agent
TIS Insurance Services
For information on the SBA’s surety bonding program, go to www.sba.gov/osg. The Knoxville Area Urban League also has a certified CDFI Empowerment Opportunity Loan Program. Contact Felix Harris or Terrence Carter at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
• For information on doing business in the Huntsville, Alabama, area, a company whose representative spoke at the recent ETEBA Business Opportunities Conference in Knoxville, Tennessee, talked about the list it posts on the company website.
Cassandra McGee Stuart
Manager, Small Business Programs