This fact sheet provides an overview of DOE’s Oak Ridge Office of Environmental Management (OREM), including its three-prong mission to remediate, modernize, and reindustrialize the site. It also explains the major projects underway or planned for ETTP, ORNL, and Y-12.
- Finishing cleanup at ETTP
- Addressing DOE's largest inventory of high risk excess contaminated facilities
- Uranium-233 processing and disposition
- Processing transuranic debris and sludge
- Constructing the Mercury Treatment Facility
- Demolishing the Biology Complex
- Constructing the Environmental Management Disposal Facility