June 19-20, 2019 Meeting of the Electricity Advisory Committee
Date: Wednesday, June 19, 2019
Date: Thursday, June 20, 2019
Location: National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA), 4301 Wilson Blvd, Arlington, VA 22203
The Department of Energy's Electricity Advisory Committee will hold a meeting on Wednesday, June 19, 2019, and Thursday, June 20, 2019 at the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association, 4301 Wilson Blvd., Arlington, VA. Below are links to materials associated with this meeting. Note: as of February 2018, to avoid duplication of information, transcripts of EAC meetings will no longer be produced. Information from EAC meetings will continue to be captured in meeting minutes and posted on this website, along with presentations and other related materials.
Members of the public are invited on a first come, first served basis (depending on the availability of meeting room space) to listen to the Committee proceedings and to make comments. The two-day meeting included updates from Office of Electricity, Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, and panel discussions on bulk power generation reserves and energy storage deployment risk.
Federal Register Notice (FRN) Announcing the Meeting
June 19, 2019
- Electric Power Research Institute Report on Electromagnetic Pulse, Randy Horton, Senior Program Manager, Electric Power Research Institute
- Introduction to Bulk Power Operating Reserves, Howard Gugel, Vice President of Engineering and Standards, North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC)
- Panel: Optimizing Bulk Power Operating Reserves
- Moderator: Darlene Phillips, Senior Director, Operations Engineering Support, PJM Interconnection, LLC
June 20, 2019
- Energy Storage Subcommittee Update
- Smart Grid Subcommittee Report
- Discussion of Energy Storage Deployment Risk, Mark Manley, Manager, Consulting, Black & Veatch Management Consulting
- Panel: Risk Mitigation for Energy Storage Deployment
- Moderator: Laney Brown, Vice President, Retail E-Solutions, Avangrid, Inc.
- Tim Schneider, General Counsel, Tilson Technologies
- Morris Schreim, Senior Commission Advisor, Maryland Public Service Commission
- Matthew Satterwhite, Vice President of Regulatory Services, American Electric Power Company, Inc
- Gerard T. Fontana, Chief of Operations and Field Services, Boston Fire Department
- Kiran Kumaraswamy, Vice President of Market Applications, Fluence