The Carbon Capture Large-Scale Pilot Programs are designed to establish a carbon capture technology program for the development of transformational technologies that will significantly improve the efficiency, effectiveness, costs, emissions reductions, and environmental performance of coal and natural gas use, including in manufacturing and industrial facilities.
Technology Developers, Industry, Utilities, Universities, National Laboratories, Engineering and Construction firms, State and Local Governments, Tribal, Environmental Groups, and Community Based Organizations.
Period of Availability:
Available until expended
Pilot projects that:
- Represent the scale of technology development beyond laboratory development and bench scale testing, but not yet advanced to the point of being tested under real operational conditions at commercial scale;
- Represent the scale of technology necessary to gain the operational data needed to understand the technical and performance risks of the technology before the application of that technology at commercial scale or in commercial-scale demonstration; and
- Are large enough:
- to validate scaling factors; and
- to demonstrate the interaction between major components so that control philosophies for a new process can be developed and enable the technology to advance from large-scale pilot project application to commercial-scale demonstration or application.
- Read the latest update on the Carbon Capture Large-Scale Pilot Program
- Download the Funding Opportunity Announcement
- Review the Community Benefits Plan Guidance
- View the Funding Notice webpage
- Read the Funding Opportunity Announcement Press Release
- Learn more about the Carbon Capture Pilots encourage/discourage notifications
- View the previously released Request for Information (RFI) and read the RFI Press Release